2019-2020 Board Goals
U.S.D. 429 TROY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
SUPERINTENDENT/BOARD OF EDUCATION GOALS
FOR TROY U.S.D 429
September 9, 2019
- DISTRICT WIDE FOCUS ON INCREASING TROY SCHOOLS, KANSAS ASSESSMENT SCORES AND ACT SCORES.
- Develop a 6 month plan (Oct-March) with Mr. Estes, Ms. Hill, Mrs. Engemann, and Mrs. Geiger to decide on training and information needed to share with staff.
- Help make staff aware of all available testing strategies and accommodations we can implement for teachers and students.
- Develop district wide assessment improvement goals to be shared with all staff and students.
- Consult with Greenbush and schools and or organizations that might have knowledge to help us in this area.
- CONTINUE TO Study moving the 6th graders to the middle school setting FOR the 2020-21 SCHOOL YEAR.
- I and Mr. Estes will form a committee to examine all pros and cons of the move to the middle school setting.
- Mr. Estes and I will determine staffing needs, classroom space, and a 7-12 schedule before any decision is made.
- All information will be shared with students, parents, staff, and the board of education as we progress through the study.
- DEVELOP A 5 YEAR CAPITAL PURCHASES AND FACILITIES IMPROVEMENT PLAN.
- Gain input from school and community stakeholders on potential purchases and projects
- Include technology planning/purchases in this study.
- Have list approved by the board of education in the spring of 2020.
- RENOVATION OF HIGH SCHOOL CLASSROOMS, SPECIFICALLY THE SCIENCE LAB AND VO-AG CLASSROOM, AND RENOVATIONS TO THE HVAC SYSTEMS.
- Mr. Estes and Mr. Jenkins will help coordinate this study.
- Work with an architecture firm (s) and/or local construction companies to determine the possibility and feasibility of the renovations.
- We will report our progress in working with these companies and the information they are providing to the board of education during this process.
- We will report to the board in January of our findings for possible bidding of projects.
- Secure and approve bids for projects.
- Start construction by the end of May 2020 with completion by August 15, 2020.
These goals were developed based on input from staff and the board of education.
This goal sheet is a fluid document and could be added to as needs or researched initiatives arise.